[NAFEX] Re: honey berry

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:09:03 EST 2003

>Lon wrote that there are not enough insects to polinate these lovelies
>since
>they bloom so early. But, if they are a zone 2 or 3 plant, where are the
>insects in these zones at the time of bloom? Could they be wind polinated?
>think they taste good.Bruce z5 mi

I am interested in anything that can fruit in zone 2. I hope to add osmia
bees this spring if I can find affordable ones, thinking they will be out
earlier than honey bees. Are they out earlier than bumblebees?
Here, I was out yesterday chipping frozen ground, lots of snow expected
tonight.... I  figure the pollinators match the bloom because they are
awakend by the same stimuli. Del