[NAFEX] Bramleys (and thanks much for pear rootstock replies)

Kevin Bradley edforest99 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 30 01:38:04 EST 2002

Frank Foltz had grown this apple topworked for many years in zone 3b, I think he would tell you that it is a zone 4 apple, I grew it for many years in zone 3a not topworked and I believe it died back to the snow line when it got colder than the mid thirties below F. Topworked it should do fine in zone three, but Frank would be the one to confirm or deny that.
Thanks for bringing that up, now that I think of it I have lost that cultivar and need to get a new supply.
kevin b