[NAFEX] Organic Blueberry & Grape Production

VBGarden at aol.com VBGarden at aol.com
Mon Nov 25 12:40:49 EST 2002

Reading Dee's query and answers gave me an idea.

I have been asked to pull together some info on problems and benefits of
small scale production of blueberries (specifically rabbiteye) and muscadine
grapes.  If anyone on the listserve has been organically producing (not
necessarily certified) either of these crops for wholesale, retail or farm
market, or pick-you-own I would really be interested in your comments on :

successful weed control methods
alternative disease and pest control that has worked for you
varieties that have performed better than others
what you've found your best market to be
whatever other comments come to mind.

This is part of a project to explore alternative crops for small acreage
farmers being forced out of standard ag crops such as peanuts.

You can reply off-list directly to me at mays at paradisenursery.com.  I will be
happy to compile a memo listing everyone's comments and ideas post to the
listserve rather than crowding everyone's mailbox.

Thanks a bunch!  (of muscadines, of course!)

Sybil

Sybil Mays
mays at paradisenursery.com
<A HREF="http://www.paradisenursery.com/">Paradise Nursery - Figs & Fruit Plants</A>