[NAFEX] pear rootstocks

Kevin Bradley edforest55 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 23 19:38:09 EST 2002

I did a little searching on the internet and in nafex archives. Came up with very little. I was trying to find that post done by I think it was Doc Lisenby about pear rootstocks, mentioning either OH x F 513 or OH x F 51. From what I recall, I believe he said that he had tried many of the OH x F stocks and was disappointed but that 51 or 513 was the best bet available but still not what one would expect.
Has anyone had any experience with these two?
Thanks for your response Tanis.
I had just read that Bartlet produces a smaller tree than the generic P communis. And that P betulifolia produces a larger tree.
Tanis, I get the impression that this was recently discussed, I will look for you posts on OH x F and Bartlet.
Thanks again
Kevin Bradley