[NAFEX] juice grape observation....

mIEKAL aND dtv at mwt.net
Fri Nov 22 12:26:34 EST 2002

the server is doing something weird.. I sent this message a month ago &
now its coming thru.  where can I find  out more about ice wine, Ive
heard passing references to this for years.  Lon?

by the way, I just got Lon's new book in the mail & I would say that if
your doing organic grapes this is a must have.  the kind of book that
makes you wish for a really cold winter day where you can't do anything
else but read.  Im gonna recommend this to all the organic grape
growers in my area.

mIEKAL

On Tuesday, November 5, 2002, at 07:38  AM, Sam Brungardt wrote:

> On 10/21/02 9:30 PM, "mIEKAL aND" <memexikon at mwt.net> wrote:
>
>> a simple observation today...
>>
>> I discovered a bunch of lacroix grapes which hadnt been picked a few
>> weeks back..  theyve been thru a number of frosts.  I popped them in
>> my
>> mouth & they were pure sweet juice, much sweeter than when we had
>> picked them & it seemed like all the pulp had broken down, they
>> literally squirted as I ate them.  might this be a good way to do
>> juice
>> grapes in a northern climate, allowing them to be on the vine til
>> after
>> frost, as ripe as they could possible be.
>>
>> mIEKAL

>> File attachments are accepted by this list; please do not send binary
>> files,
>> plain text ONLY!
>> Message archives are here:
>> To view your user options go to:
>> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/nafex/XXXX@XXXX (where
>> XXXX at XXXX is
>> YOUR email address)
>> NAFEX web site:   http://www.nafex.org/
>
> It sounds as though you may have sampled grapes, that if left on the
> vine
> (if they remained attached), would be made into Ontario's famous ice
> wine.
> Don't know, however, which cultivars they grow in the province to make
> that
> wine.--Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn. (Zone 4a)

> files, plain text ONLY!
> Message archives are here:
> To view your user options go to:
> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/nafex/XXXX@XXXX (where