[NAFEX] Good Nurseries

Sam Brungardt sam739is at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 13 09:54:39 EST 2002

It appears that suckering freely is the nature of the Evans (aka Bali)
cherry.  It probably wouldn't sucker so much if it were grafted on the right
kind of rootstock, but, according to observations in Canada, where it was
discovered/developed, Bali is not as cold-hardy when it is grown as a
graft.--Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn. (USDA Zone 4a)