[NAFEX] Good Nurseries

Erdman, Jim ErdmanJ at uwstout.edu
Fri Nov 15 09:38:03 EST 2002

We get together with a group of friends evry January to do our garden seed orders, and most of the seeds end up getting ordered from Fedco, with a number of smaller orders for things they don't carry fromother companies.  They make it really easy and pleasant to do group orders of seeds, too.  Based on my pleasant experiences with seed and supply orders from Fedco, I have ordered trees also, and have been pleased with what I received (except the neighbor's Scottish Highland cattle got out and ate lots of stuff in my orchard).
You do need to order nursery stock early--the first year I waited too long and they were out of everything I wanted, so the next year I put my order in the mail within days of getting the catalog.

We have also been pleased with trees and berries from Jungs, in Wisconsin.

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie,WI