[NAFEX] Sugarberry, sorbus, ginko, arboretum exploration

Mark Lee markl at nytec.com
Thu Nov 14 13:55:43 EST 2002

Thanks Richard.  Maybe the sugar/hackberry fruit doesn't fully develop in
Seattle.  The Plants For A Future web page says "The fruit and seed can be
ground up finely together and used as a flavouring"
http://www.scs.leeds.ac.uk/cgi-bin/pfaf/arr_html?Celtis+occidentalis&CAN=LAT
IND

Two other Celtis species I find interesting are
Celtis australis... "Seed - raw or cooked.  An oil is obtained from the
seed."
Celtis bungeana... "The plant is a tea substitute. This probably refers to
the leaves.  Leaves are a savoury addition to rice."

-Mark Lee, Seattle z7