[NAFEX] Fall bearing blackberries

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu Nov 14 11:56:39 EST 2002

Fall bearing, in this case, means producing fruit on the primocanes, like
fall bearing raspberries.  That is, if the plants freeze to the ground in
the winter, the new shoots that come up in spring will still bloom and have
a crop by late summer.  It would be a boon to northern growers.  And I found
out there IS work on such types being done at Arkansas, with the possibility
of some varieties being released in a year or two.

-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on The Grape Grower at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com