[NAFEX] Good Nurseries

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Wed Nov 13 08:49:28 EST 2002

At 05:44 PM 11/12/2002 -0500, Ginda wrote:
>St. Lawrence Nurseries.  I've had very good luck with them, but they only
>do cold weather stuff.

Here's their website.
http://www.sln.potsdam.ny.us

I've bought a number of named variety juneberries from SLN.  Reasonably
sized tissue-cultured plants that I've potted up and grown for a year
before outplanting.  All have done well for me here in southern KY.
Also got a Bali(Evans) cherry(also tissue-cultured) from them several years
ago - I evidently got one of the strain that suckers like crazy - it would
like to be a thicket, but I keep digging up sprouts and distributing them
to friends. It hasn't done much in the way of fruit production, but then
neither has the Montmorency planted at the same time.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY