[NAFEX] Late pawpaws

Mark Garrison pawpaw1 at cox.net
Mon Nov 11 14:34:20 EST 2002

Gordon,
One of my seedlings produced quite early, almost all its 30-odd lbs. picked
by Sept 24.  Others ripened thru the season, and then there were those that
hung on until they froze.  I had little or no crop on many apple trees, but
the pawpaws came thru.  I didn't have dead squirrels right at hand to entice
carrion flies to do the pollinating, so I used an idea I heard to put a
handful of wet cottonseed meal under each tree.  Don't know if that did it
but I got a good set.

Mark