[NAFEX] Of rabbits and OHxF/accidental bonsai...

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 4 12:58:22 EST 2002

Mr. F. Bunny,

I was just about to post a question on pears & rootstocks.  I have one of
those questions re an unknown variety (maybe the same unknown as the 'St
Sophie' from that fellow in Ontario some weeks ago) behaving differently on
2 rootstocks.  Grows like a weed on Bartlet and on OHxF 333, but eventually
always rejected by the OHxF.  Not really a problem, in the big picture,
because I'm thinking I'm due to add more cross-pollinators to my mix.  Bloom
time for "my" pear is between the local wild plums and the first apples.
Any suggestions from the more experienced pear people out there, for a
variety to graft onto the OHxF ?

Tanis Cuff, southern WI, zone 4 (zone 5 the last few winters !)