[nafex] blackberry research

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 29 10:37:55 EST 2002

I was talking to a berry researcher for a moment this weekend. He mentioned
hearing of some new (10 year) research somewhere in the eastern states with
blackberries that bear on 'bull' canes, much like fall bearing raspberies.
Are first year blackberries also called primocanes like raspberries? He
mentioned a name - Henry or Harvey Schwartz of Maryland, as a possible
resource for this.
Does any of this ring a bell? If true , it is just possible I could grow
fall bearing blackberries here. Thankyou for any help, Del Stubbs Z2/3

Del Stubbs

ag zone 2/3

Pinewood Forge

Monitoring Service trial