[nafex] Source for zone 6 Asian persimmon(D.kaki) scionwood?

Lucky Pittman Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu
Mon Jan 21 12:41:43 EST 2002

Folks,
I'm looking for a source for small amounts(1-2 sticks) of Oriental (D.kaki)
persimmon varieties which will survive and fruit reliably in USDA zone 6
(I'm located about 70 miles NW of Nashville, TN).  I'm interested in both
astringent and non-astringent varieties.
I grafted Fuyu, Hachiya, and Ichi-Ki-Kei-Jiro last year, but I'll have to
wait a bit to see how they made it through transplanting and their first KY
winter.
If you can help me in my quest, contact me off list.
Thanks.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY