[nafex] Flemish Beauty

Helga and Bert Dunn helbert at idirect.com
Tue Feb 19 08:44:49 EST 2002

Good morning Tom
Not a reply to your question, however a tidbit on this variety.-This from
Douglas Woodward of St Catherines in response to my enquiry about our FB
problems dated Aug 19, 2000.
"Flemish Beauty, Flemish Beautys is highly susceptible to pear scab (as well
as fireblight). Cracking is a usual symptom. Since it is such a high quality
pear, you may want to fight the scab. If my memory is accurate, some other
pears such as Anjou are susceptible (russeting etc) to some common scab
sprays"
Douglas in another e-mail suggested Vineland would know the spray for FB and
what are bad for Anjou.
Cheers                  Bert