[RibesNAFEX] TIRA?

Tom Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Thu Nov 22 08:25:54 EST 2001

Hello,

Can anyone tell me more about TIRA (The International Ribes
Association)?

I visited their web page (
http://www.msu.edu/user/sleightd/tira/index.html ), but I am
looking for personal opinions of the group.  I see that Ed
Mashuburn has contributed to their newsletter.  They also do
not mention how much their dues are.  Luckily for me there
is a chapter no too far from me.

Also, has anyone heard of grafting bush type ribes to a tree
form of ribes (R. aureum)?  It would certainly make an
unusual ornamental.  It is mentioned on this web page;

     http://ssfruit.cas.psu.edu/chapter10/chapter10d.htm

Thanks for any information you can offer on TIRA or this
"tree" variety of ribes.

Later,
Tom
--