[nafex] British Sovereign Strawberries

Jojo and Helgi on Pender rocksandplants at gulfislands.com
Tue Nov 13 12:48:27 EST 2001

My Aunt grew up on a strawberry farm in Gibsons, British Columbia, on the
Sunshine Coast. Their main crop was British Sovereign. Not Royal Sovereign,
apparently that's different.

I've found references to British Sovereign in a few very ecclectic sites to
do with genome centres and breeding, listed as parents of hybrids back in
the 20s, but nothing about actual plants in an actual location growing.
Perhaps they are extinct!

Has anyone heard of these and/or know of a source for them?

THANKS

Jojo Sigurgeirson, Zone 8, 8b or so, Pender Island, British Columbia, Canada