[nafex] Thinning Honeycrisp essential sometimes

edforest55 at hotmail.com edforest55 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 11 09:42:54 EST 2001

I think I know why my Honeycrisps were so flavorless this year. I re-
read some info from the U of MN which states that they must be
thinned if there are too many. I let about 50 fruits ripen on a 4
foot branch. All the sun we had this summer wasn't able to flavor
them up. Last year I had one  fruit on a branch like that and it was
absolutely the best apple I'd ever had.