[nafex] sassafras flavor in apple - find source?

Mark Lee piper3 at uswest.net
Thu Nov 8 11:09:58 EST 2001

I was going over some apple variety descriptions I collected last
year.  I asked the authors of the webpage I copied this description
from for further information.  They couldn't help me.

"SWEET SPICE APPLE ...
Discovered in Mendocino. Medium size, bright yellow skin, white
flesh. It has an unusual sassafras taste that has made it the most
popular apple in our early season tastings. Ripens August and
September."

Is anyone familiar with this variety?  Where can I obtain scionwood
or a tree?

-Mark Lee