[nafex] Re: Grafting non- dormant wood, possible?

edforest55 at hotmail.com edforest55 at hotmail.com
Thu May 24 19:15:53 EDT 2001

thanks Gordon, Vicoria, Tom, etc.
I now realize that my main concern is that the xylem area (sapwood)
which is normally all green in good wood, has brown spots in and
throughout the area closest to the cut end. This wood spent three
weeks in shipment in some warm weather. I'm afraid that it is
infected with a fungus but mostly near the cut ends, not the tips
with terminal buds.
Has anyone had any success grafting such wood. I was thinking that
maybe I should try to T or chip bud this wood in order to bypass the
infected sapwood.
Kevin B