[nafex] I need some thoughts

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Tue May 22 10:27:11 EDT 2001

Dear Fluff, how's about hop-horn-beam-ironwood, its like bean poles in our
maple bush, can't find a tougher stronger wood. As far as purty goes, most
any tree at that young age will be all white sap wood. Because of its
cross-grain nature it's miserable to drawknife though--which makes it so
good and knarly tough.  Mn.D