[nafex] I need some thoughts

Pete pete at riflemag.com
Tue May 22 08:18:53 EDT 2001

Sassafras (gumbo tree)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: fuwafuwausagi at usa.net
  To: nafex at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 1:52
  Subject: [nafex] I need some thoughts

  Gang:

  Hello...

  I am seeking a bit of advice.

  I am trying to figure out what tree I should plant form seed in order
  to get a small "pole".  Pears immediately sprang to mind, and
  perform exceptionally well, but I am open to other options.  I want  a
  very hard durable wood, and a beautiful wood to boot. It is imperative
  that it naturally grows in a verticle fashion to minimize training.

  Basically I am trying to grow wood that is straight, about 8 feet in
  length and 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter.  I want  a very hard durable
  wood, and a beautiful wood to boot. It is imperative that it naturally
  grows in a verticle fashion to minimize training.

  Thanking you in advance for any consideration you give this matter,

  TFB

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor