[nafex] a whitney sport

dwalsh/wchase wchase at interchange.ubc.ca
Thu May 17 12:37:24 EDT 2001

Del,

I have Whitney, it fruited for me last year. It is a very nice looking apple-crab,
red with yellow stripes, about 2".

I used them for displaying at the BCFTA Apple Show at UBC so I didn't taste them.

Fiala describes Whitney as a European commercial crabapple, fruit yellow with red
stripes, 2", susceptible to CAR and mild fire-blight.

Now, I think there's two Whitney's. One originated in Europe ~1869 and one
originated in Illinois, no date given.

Derry

Derry Walsh & Bill Chase  email:wchase at interchange.ubc.ca
Aldergrove,  B. C.,  Canada