[nafex] topgrafting americana,prunus rootstocks

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 08:21:25 EDT 2001

Kevin, just found the website.....
<http://www.agt.net/public/pchenier/thesis/fruit.html>
It mentions using  prunus nigra "Canada plum".  I haven't encountered it,
have you?
It recommends prunus virginiana for super hardy rootstock....anyone out
there use it? I've got a forest floor covered with seeedlings and think to
move a bunch into nursery bed area for future grafting of plum and or evans
cherry. I would guess it has dwarfing characteristics. Anyone experimented
with it?

Heres another good site for folks like me seeing photos of just what "green
tip" or "popcorn" or "silver tip" mean, from Mich. State U.

http://www.msue.msu.edu/fruit/indexbud.htm