[nafex] Yellow Apple Photo

JERROLD KOERNER j.f.koerner at worldnet.att.net
Fri May 11 22:09:23 EDT 2001

Group, We were recently discussing the Gideon Apple and it sounded alot like
an apple that I found last Labor Day weekend while apple exploring in
upstate New York with my son.  He got to the tree before I did and took a
bit out of one and said "Hey Dad this tastes just like an Asian pear". The
apples were medium is size, roundish to conical, with pale thin yellow skin
that bruised easily and numerous greenish-brown dots.  The flesh was white,
very sweet but not exactly crisp or juicy.  The apples were fully ripe on
Labor Day weekend.  If anyone can identify this apple from this photo please
let us know.  Lee Calhoun suggested that it might be Golden Sweet.  I have
ruled out Hightop Sweet as it did not fit the description of the tree.
Thanks.  Jerry Appleseed