[nafex] Persimmons & Pawpaws in zone 4?

Gordon Nofs gc_nofs at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:26:30 EST 2001

Hi
  Last year here in Michigan we had coolest summer nights I have seen in
some 50 years. This not only was bad for tomatoes, but the pawpaws a lot of
varieties did not really ripen to give there usual good taste. I threw a 5
gallon bucket full away. This I found had happened to all the people I know
that had pawpaws. They were of good size. But I could'nt eat them. The ones
that were ripening at there regular time were very good. So there obviously
are different ripening periods or something. So that would mean that some
varieties may do better in cooler zone areas.
      Gordon