[nafex] Chipmunks Go Awry in Berry Patch

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:22:54 EDT 2001

Doreen, we had 2 years with hardly a pea.One day we trapped 14 chipmunks in
the pea patch (chip and d clones) Now I've got up well layed down bird
netting. But it nevr occurred to me that perhaps peas need pollinating to
form seeds? At least the new little pods aren't chewed. I never did try
seeing if a chipmunk will fit through chicken wire, but it would surely not
offend bees. Anybody trapping chipmunks who can give a test?   del

>From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh at ticon.net>
.  Obviously, Chip and Dale, the local chipmunks, have