[nafex] Supplement to Del's heavenly Evans

H.Dessureault inter.verbis at atreide.net
Wed Jul 11 23:16:44 EDT 2001

Del,
I bought a Evans cherry from MacFayden, last Spring (see my other post for the adress). It came as a one foot tree. I know that small trees are easier to transplant than large one, especially bare roots and mail order, so I was not disappointed by the small size.
It grew another foot during the summer and I was sure that some of that green wood would certainly die over the first winter.
But no, every inch of growth stuck and Evans is in the process of beating it's own record established last year. Up to now,  Evans seems a good bet in zone 3.
Hélène