[nafex] Re: So what is the point?

Tom Volkening volkenin at mail.lib.msu.edu
Wed Jul 11 11:13:48 EDT 2001

Tom,
I would agree that Pomona is not NAFEX but it is a benefit members receive
and has value.  I am a librarian and was curious about any libraries owning
Pomona so did somesearching to see if I could find any libraries that own
issues of Pomona .  I  found that at least 21 libraries(including the
National Agriculture Library in the U.S) in North America that own at least
some issues of Pomona.  I did not have time to check the catalogs of all the
libraries to see what issues of Pomona each library owns but I did check the
catalog of Cornell and it looks like they are still receiving issues of
Pomona and have most of the back issues.   I also looked at some online
agriculture databases and found that they have indexed some of the articles
in Pomona so it is possible to retrieve citations to articles in Pomona and
get copies of the articles.  I will say that most of the articles I located
were from 1981 and earlier.

Tom Volkening
Engineering Library
1515 Engineering Building