[nafex] Re: So what is the point?

Tom Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Wed Jul 11 08:33:25 EDT 2001

fuwafuwausagi at muchomail.com wrote:

<snip> I might have once thought so, but with the net...heck
the archives can live on into perpetuity.   So can NAFEX.
<snip>

Hi,

This is totally wrong Bunny. (IMO)

When NAFEX's cash is gone, you can be sure the NAFEX web
page will have vanished long before.  That means all it's
content disappears.  Never to be seen again.

In regards to Yahoo Groups, when a group has become
inactive, they delete all archived messages, and delete the
group.  A period of 90 days of no messages on a group will
eliminate any trace of it.

As far as Pomona goes...  Although I am sure we are sending
copies to all the major library archives (tongue plant
firmly in cheek), I doubt they will ever make the shelves of
a library, or be rediscovered once archived.  Unless you are
talking about archeology (smile) way down the road.  Do we
print on acid free paper (smile).

Also Pomona is not NAFEX, NAFEX is its people, exploring
fruit, and sharing what they have learned which takes many
forms (Pomona, egroup, web page, letters, etc).

So if you think the internet or Pomona will preserve NAFEX,
or Pomano will ever see wide circulation, I have to strongly
disagree.

Regards,
Tom

--