[nafex] More on Stark

DocKW at aol.com DocKW at aol.com
Fri Jul 6 17:34:26 EDT 2001

The sense I am getting here on the "Gold Coast"   (SW Connecticut ) is
everyone is hurrying more and more and there is a sense of frustration....no
time for anything it seems.
All the businesses I know are working harder to keep up...and in reality are
slowly
losing ground...
Those businesses like nurseries are labor intensive and the combination of
fewer people gardening and higher unit costs are what is killing them.
I will miss Stark's...the best peach I ever ate was the Halberta Giant that
they introduced....Which I lost to mice this year and was unable to replace.
I too am working longer hours and the overhead is rising....!
Karl Olson