[nafex] Crandall Currants

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu Jul 5 16:05:05 EDT 2001

As someone who has had Crandall for nearly 40 years, stake them.  And don't
be afraid to thin the skinny stuff this winter, but leave more older canes
for a while.  This kind of condition usually occurs when you have lots of
new bearing shoots, such as after cutting the plant all off the year before.
 Leave the shoots to get more woody and shorten them back by a third or
more.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com