[nafex] Overwintering fig question

jnfischer at aol.com jnfischer at aol.com
Sat Sep 23 17:10:13 EDT 2000

Free @Backup service!  Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
your files online.  Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6348/15/_/423498/_/969743425/

I have had a couple of Brown Turkey figs here in Northern Virginia for over
fifteen years (at least that is the variety that I ordered). I've tried every
trick in the book to keep them from freezing back, to no avail. Now I put a
heavy layer of leaf mulch over their root systems but, other than that, I've
given up trying to protect them. Every spring they start over and, if it
doesn't get too cold too soon, I get a dozen figs.

J. Fischer