[nafex] Sprout a Coconut

PermacultureNo1 at aol.com PermacultureNo1 at aol.com
Tue Sep 19 15:44:52 EDT 2000

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9068/15/_/423498/_/969392708/

In a message dated 9/17/00 11:07:15 AM, donzig at redrose.net writes:

<< I have a coconut I want to sprout for a house plant.  Can anyone give me
instructions on how to sprout a coconut indoors?
Don Ziegler

I've only seen it done in tropical Asia. where people leave the nut soaking
in a creek with part above water.  I'd say ambient temps rangeabout 80 F on
average.  I don't know if the change of water moving through the creek is
important.  In any case, the nuts sprout and then they plant them.

DH