[nafex] Sprout a Coconut

Lucky Pittman Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu
Mon Sep 18 09:51:28 EDT 2000

0% Introductory APR!
Instant Approval!
Aria Visa - get yours today.
http://click.egroups.com/1/7102/15/_/423498/_/969285069/

At 12:01 PM 09/17/2000 -0400, Don Ziegler wrote:
>I have a coconut I want to sprout for a house plant.  Can anyone give me
>instructions on how to sprout a coconut indoors?

Hey, Z!
Good to see you at the NAFEX list.
If you don't get an answer from anyone here, try contacting Alan
Smith(zambesi at gte.net)
I've not 'seen' Alan around the GW lately, but he sent me an email a month
or so back, indicating that he was taking a trip back home to Zimbabwe &
surrounding areas.
He works primarily with tropical fruits(I know he's got cherimoyas,
jaboticaba, various citrus, etc. at his Largo, FL home), and may be able to
instruct you as to the proper handling of your coconut.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY