[nafex] wet soil, highbush cranberry and archive homework

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sun Dec 17 10:30:50 EST 2000

Other hardy fruits worth trying might include lowbush blueberries, true
cranberries, Aronia.  If the soil isn't totally soggy, gooseberries might be
worth trying. How about other Viburnums?  V. prunifolium (mooseberry) isn't
too bad and it's sweet where V. trilobum is tart.
----------
>From: pinewoodel at hotmail.com
>To: nafex at egroups.com
>Subject: [nafex] wet soil, highbush cranberry and archive homework
>Date: Sun, Dec 17, 2000, 4:31 AM
>

>  When i first joined this amazing newsgroup i posted a querry about
>growers of viburnam trilobum, haven't found any growers yet.  My reason
>is that with these newly acquired ponds (ten acres, clay soil,  over a
>HALF MILE of new pond edge coming this spring, nature will plant
>anything i dont, so im after ANYTHING i can plant that is edible along
>this edge before Mama N. takes over.   So far in this zone 2b all ive
>heard of that is suitable (wet feet, clay, severe climate) is highbush.
>any other ideas?
> Just started going through the archive of this egroup, plugged in
>wet soil and amazingly it found a few notes.  For anyone new to this
>site like me who hasnt 'done their homework' may i recommend taking the
>time to work ones way through the archives, its a wealth of info, and
>already ive had three ?'s answered that i would have pestered you good
>folk with this week. THANKS AGAIN for all the efforts that have gone
>before.  this site IS a school.            del, n. minnesota

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/977066669/