[Market-farming] Japanese Beetles

E C GRANATA elainegranata at msn.com
Tue Apr 16 21:48:40 EDT 2019

Last year they were the worst I’ve seen them since they showed up here about 5 years ago.  Wiped out a big rose bush; their second favorite was raspberries, but didn’t do much damage.  They love grape vines, too.  Took to the basil and green beans when they began to mature.  I just brush them off into a tub of soapy water—it takes time.  They say not to squish them as the pheromones that are released when you do attracts others.

Elaine
Denver