[Market-farming] Light Needs of Various Plants

karen sutherland karen at rootsfarm.info
Mon Mar 26 07:15:42 EDT 2018

Why not mix it up within each bed? Lettuce can happily come between the
others and be out of the way before the others require or shade its space
or need less water. That way too you'll diversify a number of conditions
that should enable better overall harvest.   And a more natural beauty.

Best wishes to all,

Karen

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 12:02 AM E C GRANATA <elainegranata at msn.com> wrote:

> Marty:  I don't have any direct experience with this, but it makes sense
> to me to put the lettuce in the shadier part of the field and collards next
> because it's about the leaves and not the "fruit"-- like it is for broccoli
> and cabbage.  Hope it works out.
> Elaine
> Denver

Karen Sutherland