[Market-farming] Ginger

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Sun Oct 23 12:23:40 EDT 2016

Also late germination, slow growth, small yields; and very poor germination. The last might be my fault, though; I think I'm still having problems judging how wet to keep the mix.

The plant that did best was actually one that had overwintered in a pot of potting soil in the house -- it had died back and appeared dead for several months, but came back to life in spring. So I'm trying doing more of that this year. I'm not too worried about ginger diseases this far north if the ginger wasn't diseased in the first place.