[Market-farming] farming in space with NASA..

Ken Bezilla kenbez at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 10 09:36:22 EDT 2016

It is super interesting stuff!  "Outredgeous" lettuce was bred by Frank Morton of Wild Garden Seed, so I get a big kick out of thinking, hey, I know Frank Morton, so that makes me only a few degrees of separation from space station astronauts...

One of the biggest challenges of space farming on the space station is zero gravity -- they can't let soil particles be drifting all over the place, so they have to grow greens in those weird plant pillows.

Ken Bezilla

central VA