[Market-farming] Garlic planters

Etienne Goyer etienne at lejardinduvillage.ca
Tue Jul 5 13:23:49 EDT 2016

I'm in Québec, that's a long way from you guys.  Around here, garlic
sells from 10 to 15$/lbs (CAD).  I would not discount for qty as small
as 5 lbs, but if I where to, 8$/lbs is the lowest I would go (for a
really good customer who buy a lot from me).

On 16-07-05 09:11 AM, Mike Rock wrote:
> Rivka,
> Thank you!  That pretty much confirms what I have read.  Having
> carefully placed all my cloves pointy end up I never saw the odd
> result.  This fall I will plant several upside down and mark them to
> check.  I just looked at a bunch of machines and various garlic sites,
> very good information out there but the planters all seem to just plunk
> the seed down randomly.  The hand planted photos almost all show folks
> orienting the seed properly, so I guess that is the best way.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> No information on pricing from me, I'm looking for the same answer. A
> bumper first crop this year, a few thousand row feet, six inch spacing,
> single rows 42" apart.  Horse machinery spacing.
>

> ---

> address and password):

Etienne Goyer  -  Le Jardin du Village
http://lejardinduvillage.wordpress.com

"Changer le monde, une carotte à la fois"