[Market-farming] Hi Tunnel Ideas? more than innovations...

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Tue Jan 19 11:09:58 EST 2016

Regarding crops in high tunnel…we currently use our high tunnel to grow a yellow ginger crop with season extension in the winter.  This allows us to get an early start on the ginger and get it to a decent weight.  We plant in March.  Right now we are seeing three cultivars of radishes and select micro greens all of which will be harvested prior to planting the seed ginger.  Repeat in fall, but usually with direct seeded kale, micro radish greens, spinach, and a select amount of micro-greens all for December harvest.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855