[Market-farming] Asparabest asparagus

Mike Rock mikerock at mhtc.net
Tue Apr 19 15:14:00 EDT 2016

Has anyone got any experience with this variety?  Planting in holes
augered 18" deep, filled with rotting pig manure/bedding pack, two
inches of soil, then the plant, then some soil.  As per instructions,
the head of the crown is set 6" below soil line and will be filled over
the course of the summer.
  Any problems evident?
  Last time I planted a bed was in 1990, a thousand plants, in
trenches.  I was younger then!!  That bed is wearing out so am planting
a new one and trying this variety.

---