[Market-farming] tomatoes

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Fri Apr 8 18:12:11 EDT 2016

On Apr 8, 2016, at 6:03 PM, eglatyne at tds.net wrote:

> Hello all, I miss you and all your good advice. I know it's not red, but a bright pink and it is an heirloom out of this world flavor. Is is the Dester Tomato from seed exchange, oh and it is early too for a big tomato. I grew some of the indigo tomatoes and they didn't taste good to me either Carol Thomas, Sweet Briar Herb Farm, Onalaska, WA

Good to see you here too! people are popping out of the woodwork. Guess we just needed somebody to get started.

I grow several heirlooms -- I haven't tried Dester and it does sound interesting. But for a large pink heirloom with great flavor I've already got Brandywine and Mrs. Horst's Oxheart. Some of my customers however want Standard Round Bright Red No Odd Shapes. I'd like to have something for them that at least tastes decent enough that I'm not embarrassed to have it on the stand.