[Market-farming] Indigo tomatoes

Deb Taft deb at mobiusfields.com
Thu Apr 7 11:49:01 EDT 2016

I gave Indigo Rose 3 years and really disliked them the whole time. The good points are that they're prolific and gorgeous; bad points are that they take forever to ripen, the flavor is bland at best, the vines are brittle and break off way too easily for how I work, and my customers don't really seem to go for those smaller fruits.  Is it a huge cherry or a tiny slicer?

I'm disappointed because they are stunning and draw people into my booth. I always felt like I have to apologize for them - not the sort of interaction I want to have with my customers! Will look forward to improvements.

Sent from my iPhone