[Market-farming] What percent of your time do you spend weeding?

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Thu Apr 7 10:45:57 EDT 2016

Getting the ground cover to stay put during spring winds is a trick,
that sometimes doesn't work.  We have started waiting until June before
putting the ground cover down because it seems to stay better then.  We
got the 8" staples from Nolts which work fairly well. Also use fence
posts laid down, heavy pipe, rock bags, whatever we have.  The staples
are great where you walk alot since they are out of the way. THe
shipping on them is a lot.  And hired help taking up the ground cloth in
the fall seem to be oblivious to the staples, leaving them for me to
find the next year or during fall cover crop prep.

I like to have the ground cloth come up a couple inches onto the
plastic, and staple it through the plastic.  Our beds aren't always that
even though.  No, the plastic hasn't torn from the staples.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY

Wendell Berry

Moore Lappe