[Market-farming] What percent of your time do you spend weeding?

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Wed Apr 6 22:19:41 EDT 2016

On Apr 6, 2016, at 10:13 PM, Beth Spaugh wrote:

> Don't know the time, but I quickly figured that putting ground cloth between plastic beds really pays for itself in saved labor.

I have widely spaced plastic beds (where I have plastic beds at all; I only use it for some crops) and I cultivate aisles with disc and then cover crop and mow; and I've discovered that with a bit of care I can also mow over the plastic edges until the crop overlaps the edges, after which point it's generally less necessary.

Actually weeding the edges does do a better job; but it takes a whole lot longer.