[Market-farming] What percent of your time do you spend weeding?

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Wed Apr 6 21:40:16 EDT 2016

I'm not really sure what percent of my time I spend on weed control. Some of it's tractor cultivation, some of it's cultivating with the rototiller, some of it's wheel hoe, some of it's handweeding, some of it's mulching with plastic or straw (which both serve other purposes as well), some of it's mowing -- and some of it, as Elaine said, is done while doing other things; I'll often weed while harvesting, or while checking crops to write up the harvest lists, or while checking an irrigation zone, or just while enroute from one area to another.

I'm sure it's more than 5%, though. And I'm also sure it's not enough.