[Market-farming] What percent of your time do you spend weeding?

elaine granata elainegranata at msn.com
Wed Apr 6 21:18:33 EDT 2016

Relative to all of the other tasks Richard listed, I don't spend very much
time weeding.  I try to keep them from going to seed, and do what I call
'weed and feed"-- hoe in alfalfa meal, or whatever I'm using, and weed at
the same time, then put down mulch.  I also weed when I'm harvesting --
pulling the stuff that sticks out or gets in the way of harvesting.  I mulch
a lot which helps keep the weeds down, so I suppose mulching could be
considered weeding time.

Elaine
Denver