[Market-farming] year round growing

Carol Thomas eglatyne at tds.net
Sun May 10 19:32:50 EDT 2015

This is the first year for me to grow the entire year except for 3 weeks at Christmas time. We have Meslan mix and have been selling out at every market I grow in unheated greenhouses, double layer plastic, and right now we are taking to the market: carrots, beets, kohlrabi, salad mix, zucchini, the only thing we don't have is the really hot weather crops. I think the secret is connected to the time of your fall planting. It can carry you through until May, and by then everything you planted in Feb/Mar is ready. But it can be done. Carol Thomas, Sweet Briar, SW Washington